It’s Not Over Till It’s Over
You still have time to boost your fall event fundraising results with some easy tips that any one of any level still has time to get in place for your fall events. Many of these tips can be done in 30 minutes or less.
Here is a check-list of “Quick-Fix” tips you can use in the next two weeks to get better fundraising results yet this year.
Fall Fundraising Tips
- Coaching emails. You can boost your event revenue by up to 10% by sending fundraising coaching emails.
- Getting the first donation with 30 days. Participants who secure their first donation in the first 30 days of registering perform higher than other participants.
- Getting participants to send more emails. On average, participants send out five emails to secure one donation.
- Self-donate. Participants who give to their own fundraising efforts raise twice as much as other participants.
- Team Participation. Team member outperform individual participants.
- Incentives. Contests and incentives lift fundraising rates.
- Making a second ask. It’s easier to get someone to donate again than to find a new donor. Especially when you make the right ask.
- Making the right ask. When people are financially invested, they want a return. When they are emotionally invested, they want to contribute.
- Segmenting. Segmenting your communications by interest, affinity, fundraising performance, or even geography always increases performance.
Is this stuff you already know but haven’t gotten around to yet?
If so, we’ve got some great news for you. Starting tomorrow, we’re going to publish the tips and tools you need to send out effective fundraising coaching emails … even if you’ve never done it before. Then, we’ll continue over the course of the next few weeks helping you with step-by-step instructions on using some of the other fundraising tips too.
Be sure to share these tips with your friends and colleagues! Internal buy-in isn’t listed here, but it’s pretty critical to getting anything done.